Switch Limited Warranty Terms & Conditions
1. Switch Limited Warranty is applicable for products experiencing malfunctions due to manufacture defects:
- For all Switch electric scooters, 2 year limited warranty will apply within UAE & KSA based on the country of purchase. Original purchase invoice is required to claim warranty service.
- The battery pack(s) have 6 months warranty.
2. All wear and tear & consumable items including but not limited to below does not cover any warranty.
- Inner tubes
- Rubber footrest
- Handlebar grips
- Brake cables
- Brake pads
- Rubber bungs
- Mudguards etc...
3. The warranty does not cover any internal water exposure. We do not recommend riding this scooter in any levels of rain. Use in these conditions will invalidate the warranty.
4. The following specific conditions apply to the 2 Year Limited Warranty:
- Service, repair or alterations by any personnel other than Switch’s authorized service centers will invalidate any warranty.
- Any damage due to accident, transportation, misuse, negligence, natural disaster, humidity, rust, gradual deterioration due to wear and tear, cosmetic modification, drop damage/liquid damage, use with voltages other than designated, or operation in a manner not in accordance with the manufacturer’s instruction manual is expressly excluded from warranty coverage.
- Switch is not responsible in any manner for personal data, third party or try & buy applications stored or installed on the device or it’s associated App.
- The repaired or replaced device will be warranted for the balance of the original warranty period.
- Switch appointed service center is authorized to replace the control boards or motor parts as per the manufacturer’s troubleshooting and warranty replacement guidelines. The repair may take up to 14 days. Any unforeseen delays due to parts unavailability will be notified by the service center.
- If the device is beyond economical repair, Switch or the service center may replace the device at its absolute discretion.
5. Customer utilization of the Switch Limited Warranty:
- All customers may visit their nearest Axiom Service Centre (Axiom care) or the location where they purchased the device in the UAE & KSA with their defective device. Refer www.axiomcare.com for detail.
- Total service turnaround time may increase if dropped at sales locations.
- Purchases from the online store may also be dropped-off to the nearest axiom care.
6. For products shipped internationally, please note that any manufacturer warranty may not be valid; manufacturer service options may not be available; product manuals, instructions and safety warnings may not be in destination country languages; the products (and accompanying materials) may not be designed in accordance with destination country standards, specifications, and labeling requirements; and the products may not conform to destination country voltage and other electrical standards (requiring use of an adapter or converter if appropriate). You are responsible for assuring that the product can be lawfully imported to the destination country. When ordering from the switch site you are the importer of record and must comply with all laws and regulations of the destination country.
Safety Tips for E-Scooters & Limitation of Liability
1. Wear a Helmet and Reflective Wear:
It is advised for users to wear helmet to keep themselves safe especially if the e-scooters used on the road (or cycle lane). It protects users for getting serious head injuries, they could save your life, so make sure you use your helmet at all times.
Also, it is highly advised to wear light clothing or a reflective vest similar to on a bike as that can help you stand out.
2. Follow the rules of the road and the applicable laws and regulations:
In some countries, there are legal requirements to ride the e-scooters. Laws regarding electric scooters and other smaller wheels should be followed, and as it is could vary from time to time so the riders; should ensure that they are updated regularly about the changes in the rules.
E-scooter users should act similarly to cyclists and follow E-scooter regulations and issue permits to ride when required by the country's law.
3. You must be 16 years old to ride:
Riding under the age of 16 would be illegal. And possibly fined; the rider should check the E-scooters laws of the country where he will use the E-scooter and make sure about the legal age to ride the E-scooters.
4. Check E-scooter for wear and tear:
It’s highly recommended to get into the habit of doing your own checks. Before you ride, check to make sure the breaks, accelerator, lights, and tires are working as well as the handlebar is correctly aligned. If there are any issues, stop using it immediately and take it for repair.
For those using an electric scooter for the first time, it is a good idea to include it as a requirement to protect you from any bruises or falls. Long pants, gloves and a long-sleeved shirt are recommended. Users should also put on athletic shoes well laced up with good rubber soles. Never ride an electric scooter barefoot or in sandals. For more experienced riders.
5. One person per E-scooter:
E-scooters are made to have one person on at a time. Having more than one can endanger both passengers. The e-scooters will not be able to perform at full power in such a case.
6. Disclaimer of warranties & limitations of liability:
By buying our products, you confirm that you read and understand these safety tips and limitations of the liability, and you (the buyer) expressly agree that your use and/or buying of our E-scooter is at your sole risk, without any representation, warranties, or conditions of any kind, either express or implied
In no case shall Switch, our directors, officers, employees, affiliates, agents, contractors, interns, suppliers, service providers or licensors be liable for any injury, loss, misuse, claim, or any direct, indirect, incidental, punitive, special, or consequential damages of any kind, including, without limitation lost profits, lost revenue, lost savings, loss of data, replacement costs, or any similar damages, whether based in contract, tort (including negligence), strict liability or otherwise, arising from your buy or/use of any of our products especially E-scooter, or for any other claim related in any way to your use/or buy of any of our product, including, but not limited to, any errors or omissions in any content, or any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of the use or/and buy any of our product, especially E-scooter, even if advised of their possibility.
You agree to indemnify, defend and hold harmless Switch and our parent, subsidiaries, affiliates, partners, officers, directors, agents, contractors, licensors, service providers, subcontractors, suppliers, interns, and employees, harmless from any claim or demand, including reasonable attorneys’ fees, made by any third party due to or arising out of your breach of these Terms or the documents they incorporate by reference or your violation of any law or the rights of a third-party or the country.
Axiom Telecom L.L.C (Switch)